Executive Director - Center for Development and Promotion of Science
CDPS is looking for an Executive Director who will provide leadership to the center and manage all activities. The ED will establish the center as a credible voice of science in the country and develop a long-term impactful science program. The responsibilities of the ED will include:
- Guiding the program of India Science Fest and making it a leading event in the country and the world
- Develop a strong marketing and PR initiative for the center, to create thought leadership. Working on developing a strong online presence for the festival.
- Conceptualizing events to engage scientists, institutions, public and press.
- Building a long-term program to develop India's science ecosystem
- Guiding research in India's science landscape, putting together proposals and working with an Investment Committee to fund organizations.
- Developing partnership for the CDPS to enrich its program and develop its capacity
- Take leadership in raising funds for CDPS for long term sustainability
Qualifications and Experience:
- Be part of a revolutionary science initiative
- Work with folks from MIT, Harvard, IITs
- Get entrepreneurial opportunities and building orgs from scratch
We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate who is passionate about building public engagement in science and India's science ecosystem. We will be looking for the following in the candidate.
- A Masters or PhD in science/technology preferred or considerable experience in science/tech organization
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years in developing programs and thought leadership
- Experience in fundraising, public relations and marketing.
As per industry standard.
How to apply?
Please mail us the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your detailed resume
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested and why you think you will do well in the role
- A writing sample
To apply mail your resume to email@example.com