- Please note that the submission of proposals does not guarantee inclusion in the Festival programme.
- ISF organisers will take care of the travel and accommodation of the organisers and speakers (based in India) invited for the events selected through this call.
- Reasonable costs towards consumables/stationery will be reimbursed by ISF organisers after the Festival.
- The Festival team will provide inputs for developing the event and the requisite on-ground support to the organisers of the selected events but will not be involved in conducting the event at the Festival.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
● What type of audiences can I expect at the festival?
The festival is designed for young adults who are currently pursuing their Bachelors/Masters/PhD/Postdoc degrees in STEM and also those from non-STEM fields. However, the audience may also include people from all walks of life at the festival.
● Who is eligible to submit proposals for the India Science Festival?
Anyone with a great idea can submit their proposal. Researchers or academics from universities, colleges, or other academic institutions based in India. Professionals from non-profit organisations, government institutions, industry, non-academic organisations: science museums, observatories, policy/advocacy-related entities, professional societies, research labs, organisations engaged with sustainable development activities and/or global change, animal protection/ welfare. This is not an exhaustive list.
● Can I submit a proposal if I don’t live in India?
You absolutely can – although if selected, you would be required to organise your own travel and take care of your expenses.
● What activities can I propose under the call for proposals for the India Science Festival?
Proposals can be submitted under these categories – workshop, panel discussion/round table, booth/stall, installation/or performance. Applicants are also welcome to submit proposals apart from the aforementioned categories as long as they align with the evaluation criteria mentioned above.
● Will the ISF organisers bear the costs of organising the event(s)?
ISF organisers will only make arrangements for the travel and accommodation of up to two organisers and speakers per event shortlisted for the festival.
Expenses for all events will be reviewed by the festival organisers.
The duration of stay for the organisers/speakers will depend on the schedule and duration of the proposed event (workshop, panel discussion, etc.).
Reasonable costs for consumables/stationery will be reimbursed by ISF organisers after the Festival. The estimated budget details should be included in the proposal.
● Will any changes be made to the proposed event by the organisers if selected or will the event be executed as proposed?
The event organisers, in consultation with the applicant, can and will modify the event so that it is in line with the festival theme, objectives, and values and has the maximum impact on the audience.
● Are applicants allowed to submit more than one proposal?
Yes, an organisation/researcher/entity can submit more than one proposal if they are distinctly different.
● Can more than one applicant pair up in a joint proposal?
Yes, individuals/organisations can submit joint proposals. However, ISF will only support travel and accommodation of up to two organisers/speakers per proposal.
● If selected, will I be responsible for publicising the event?
While the ISF team will take care of the publicity, you are encouraged to promote the event through social media and your network.
● Should we find our own funding/sponsorship to run the event at the festival?
Seeking your own funds is desirable, however, not necessary, nor will it impact your application. Funds/sponsorship raised by the applicant need not be given to ISF and can be used by the applicant as deemed appropriate for the proposed event. The funders/sponsors of the event will be acknowledged as ISF sponsors.
● Can we submit a proposal for an online event? If so, how many people can we let take part in our online event?
Yes, you can submit a proposal for an online event/workshop/talk, keeping in mind that it should not exceed 2 hours. You are required to mention the same in the application form, along with the number of speakers for the event. There is no limit to the number of attendees for the online event.
● Can we submit proposals for more than one online activity/event?
Yes, you may submit proposals for more than one online activity/event as long as they are distinctly different.
● What is the deadline for proposal submission?
5:00 pm IST, 14th September 2023
● If my proposal doesn’t get selected, am I allowed to pitch this idea to another organisation for a different event?
Yes, if your proposal is not selected by ISF, please feel free to pitch it to other funders/organisations/events.
● Will I automatically become a sponsor if my proposal is selected?
No, but you are welcome to fund/sponsor any event/activity at the Festival. Write to us at email@example.com for more details.